Life through rose-colored glasses:

Well, I'm off to the City of Lights...The City of Love...The home of Marie Antoinette...The Scene to hundreds of historical events...Paris. I am going to attempt this blog in order to keep my friends and family in the know and I am also attempting to use it as a sort of memory journal for when I return to the U.S. Well. Bon Voyage

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bonjour Paris!












Bonjour de Paris! So as you can see had a such a fun first week in Paris. On Wednesday we went to the Notre Dame and climbed up the bell towers! The sights were amazing and I became best buds with the gargoyles Hunchback style. But let me just tell you, those were some very steep, very narrow steps! whew I made it back alive though. On Friday we went to the Notre Dame again and got to see the supposed Crown of Thorns...seeing everyone worshipping in the Notre Dame was just breathtaking. I'm leaving early early tomorrow to go to Versailles soooo I will write more in depth next time! je vous aime!

Ok so now I actually have time to explain the pictures! so...The one with a group of us and the following picture is from Friday night at a Thai place oh about 30 seconds from where I live! Its was absolutely delicious and the presentation of the food was obviously superb...I beleive I might instate Thai tuesday just to make sure I get to go back several times. The pictures from Notre Dame include the suposed Crown of Thorns and the pictures with the candles. I lit a candle when we visited on Friday for Grandpa and it was the brightest one. Now the pictures of me with the FANTASTIC view are from Wednesday when we climbed the towers of Notre Dame...the weather was wonderful and we couldn't have picked a better day to go up. First week in Paris was a success!!! I love it here and I love being able to speak French with everyone and never having to revert back to English! A new post is coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. Another fab post! Love the pics and am so glad you're having fun!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you can speak French and aren't reverting back to English! You're making me so proud...and inspiring me to go back!
    -mucho lovo

    ReplyDelete