Life through rose-colored glasses:

Well, I'm off to the City of Lights...The City of Love...The home of Marie Antoinette...The Scene to hundreds of historical events...Paris. I am going to attempt this blog in order to keep my friends and family in the know and I am also attempting to use it as a sort of memory journal for when I return to the U.S. Well. Bon Voyage

Monday, June 28, 2010

Mind the Gap












London was just wonderful! I got in at around 9:40 and went straight to the taxis (which are so fun because they are the cliche bubble top cabs) I checked into my hotel and there I met up with Will!!!!! Oh it was absolutely wonderful to be with him and have the best tour guide in all of London. Saturday, we went to Hyde park and ate a quick lunch at Lido Cafe. We both got chicken, hummus, and spicy yogurt sandwhiches, which I must say was simply delightful. We strolled around the park and then headed en foot to Harrods...quite and experience for a first time visitor. After Harrods we hopped on the tube and headed to Gloucester Road (pronounced Glouster) which was my stop for this trip. We then headed to NIDO where Will was staying and then watched the America football match in a French Pub. We pub hopped a bit that night and it was truly so much fun.

Sunday, my group had a three hour bus tour where we saw all of the "must see" sites in London. At noon, I met up with Will in Covent Garden. We ate lunch at Punch & Judy Pub where Will bought me Strongbow Cider...amazing... After that we took a break to watch some more football! It was rather frustrating though because even though England scored, because FIFA does not allow technology to be used, the team did not get their goal :( After the game, we headed to illy right by my underground stop. Fish and Chips is what we ate of course, then we headed off to sussex pub to watch more football, and we finished the evening at the Porterhouse Pub...probably the best place in London. It is full of little corners to sit and chat and has such a wonderful atmosphere.

Today, I finally arrived in Paris!!! My room is simply amazing! It was so hard to have to leave Will seeing as it will be another month and a few days till I get to see him next :( But what a better place to be than Paris?

2 comments:

  1. Wow Katherine! Great post - I almost feel like I'm there with you. So glad you're having such a wonderful time! Can't wait to read more about your adventures! Love you!
    ~ Leslie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey boo! I just found your blog. I'm loving reading this! London sounded like the best place to be to watch the world cup. sooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete